What is eSIM Card and How Does SIM Card Work here is full information about this topic.
How Does Sim Card Work
Now after seeing food I mean after knowing what is sim card let’s know How Sim card works. See its full form, it’s saying Subscriber (you) Identity (your phone) module that means your sim card knows what type of phones you are using. So, when you make a call this happens:
- When you dial any 10 digit number and press call button.
- Your phone sends your sim card id number with an authentication key (something like a password) that is in your sim card to the operator like Airtel, Vodafone, Jio, Aircel (sorry Aircel is no more with us)
- Now after receiving your sim card id number and your authentication key, it generates a random number (assume 12345) and uses authentication key to generate a response number (assume 88888) at the same time.
- After that the random number generated by your operator (12345) sent back to your phone, now after receiving that random number, your authentication key will generate a response number (88888).
- If both random number match, your provider will recognize that it’s you and after that, it connects to whom you want to call.
- If your number doesn’t match you can talk that’s why sometimes your call doesn’t connect and it keep sounds like beep beep beep.
Few Known Sim Card Information (Sim Card Facts)
Let’s know something more about your sim card.
- It can store up to 600 contacts in it.
- First sim cards used to come in standard/mini size, then it starts coming in Microform and now we all are using in nano form.
- You might have remembered first sim card used to come in 64k variant and after that, it is coming in the 128k variant.
- You can say it brain of your smartphone.
- It is made of plastics.
What Does A Sim Card Do In A Smartphone
It connects you to the whole world.
What Does A Sim Card Hold
As I said above it can save your contacts up to 250 but what is the need for it. We all now store all our contacts on Google cloud.
Does A sim Card Hold Pictures
Of course not. It’s is of 128KB only. (Want to kill this little thing).
What is 64K, 128K Written on Sim Card Means
That’s mean our sim card is getting smarter day by day. In the 128k variant, you can take backup your contacts, store more messages and phonebook numbers as compared to the previous variant.
Shop- eShop, wallet-eWallet, payment- ePayment (digital payment), are you getting my point na what I’m trying to say here. Shop means a normal general store (where you can buy a Pulse candy), eShop mean online store like Amazon, wallet means a hard thing that usually is in your back pocket of your jeans, eWallet means Paytm wallet. Just like that sim-eSIM, sim means a hard thing that usually is inside your phone , eSIM means “an inbuilt integrated chip that will come attached along with your device”.
How eSIM Card Work
There is no difference between eSIM card and today’s sim card except one thing and that thing is that plastic part (that plastic part whom shopkeeper charge Rs. 10 to cut it ). All the function are same (can be something even better). Let’s put a scenario, imagine you, yes you who are reading this now, imagine you live in US or UK and are using an eSIM on your phone. You don’t need to do anything different from plastic sim card, your contact will be saved like that you used to save in plastic type sim card, your call will be connected to your relatives same like that sim card.
eSIM Card Vs Today’s SIM Card
Without comparing anything how can I sleep? So, lets, compare eSIM card and today’s sim card.
|Today’s SIM Card||eSIM Card|
|If you change your network then you need to go to that network store to take a sim and you also need to wait for sim activation.||If you change your network (port) then you don’t need to go to that network store and to take a sim, simply talk to that customer care and they will give a user id and password just use that and you will be in a new network.|
|It will save time and be more secure.||Swapping sim consume some time, isn’t it? A Little bit but it consumes.|
|If you change your device then you also need to change your sim card.||If you change your device or shift to a new device then in eSIM term you don’t need to change anything, just change that user id and password and you are done.|
eSIM Card Advantage
If we are upgrading to a whole new product then that product must have some advantage then its last. Here are some eSIM card advantage given below:
- Our phone will be smaller and lighter if sim slot got removed.
- More devices will be more secure
- It will save our swapping and port time process.
- Our wearable device will be more powerful and smaller in size.
Now that’s all I can think, if you have more eSIM card advantages then please share me I’ll implement them here.
eSIM Card Usage
Almost all of you may know that eSIM card is in existence. Many network operators are providing eSIM card to their customers for their convenience. Please take a look here.
List of Network Operator Provide eSIM Card
Many network operators companies are giving this facility in foreign counties like:
- T mobile
- and much more
List of Companies Support eSIM Card
Many smartphone companies are giving this facility in foreign counties like:
- Apple to its Apple watch 3, many iPad variants
- Samsung Gear Watch