SEO Tools for Drupal
The Drupal SEO Tools module seamlessly integrates a sophisticated suite of search engine reporting, analysis and optimization tools into your website. It provides a dashboard that integrates analytics reports with links to webmaster tools and vital Drupal SEO modules
SEO Modules for Drupal
- Block Cache:- It creates cached versions of each block displayed on your website. For each cached block only one SQL query is executed thus reducing server load resulting in better performance and faster delivery of content.
- Find URL Alias:- It is a utility module that lets you search for particular URL aliases. This module requires the core path module which enables search engine friendly URLs for your site. Find URL Alias is especially useful when there are many aliases stored in your database. But keep in mind that changing URLs is something you should avoid.
- Google Analytics:- It integrates Google’s powerful web statistics tracking system with your website. The module enables you to selectively track users by role.
- Meta tags :- Meta tag allows you to define site wide meta tags and specific tags for each piece of content (node). If you use the core taxonomy module (you really should do) meta tags can be assigned automatically by using the terms (tags) you use to categorize your content.
- Pathauto:- It automatically generates path aliases based on the modules settings. A very powerful module that lets you define different URL patterns based on content types. In the latest version also allows to filter common words. Requires the core path module.
- RobotsTxt:- It is useful if you run multiple Drupal sites from a single code base and want to have different robots.txt files for each of them.
- Service links:- It automatically adds links to social bookmarking and blog search services to your content. You can select which services you want to link to, restrict the display based on content (node) types and whether to display links in teaser and/or full page view.
- XML Sitemap:- It generates an XML sitemap which complies with the sitemaps.org specification. The relative priority of each piece of content is calculated based on content type, number of comments, and promotion to front page. The values of each of these factors can be set in the admin section of the module.
SEO Tools for Joomla
Joomla SEO web site where you can access a number of tutorials for Joomla covering a number of topics including search engine optimization, hosting, templates and more.
SEO Modules for Joomla
- Advanced SEF Bot for Joomla 1.1.x:- It is a plugin that enables search engine friendly URLs. Since Joomla’s standard URLs are not really meaningful this one is a must.
- Dynamic gSitemap:- It is a PHP script that dynamically creates an XML sitemap of your site when GoogleBot visits it.
- JoomSEO:- It is a plugin that dynamically creates meta tags, changes the title tag on the fly, adds heading tags to content titles and more. Some of the configurable features include: show, hide or override keywords, site name, and content title, adjust element order in the title and heading tag selection.
- LinX:- It is a link exchange component that lets you manage a reciprocal link directory. Links that are submitted to your site are automatically checked and only added if there is a link back to your site. A large number of links to your website of course has an effect on the PageRank but what really matters are links from quality and trusted websites that have a similar target audience as your site.
- MetaTags NX:- It creates meta description and keyword tags for your content on the fly. Keywords are generated based on their frequency in the content and stopwords can be excluded.
- Redirect component:- It lets you redirect old urls to new ones and set their status codes. Remember, changing URLs often is a bad idea.
- Simple SEO Plugin:- It uses Yahoo to analyze your content and gives immediate feedback on what Yahoo thinks the content is about. Also creates meta tags.
- Website Validators Tool:- It contains links to validation and site information services that help you make your website more standards compliant, see how you rank who links to you and more.
Joomla Global Configuration SEO Tool
Using Search Engine Friendly URLs in your Joomla system will let you gain higher positions in Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. In order to install Search Engine Optimization module in Joomla you have to:
Enter a description of the overall Web site that is to be used be search engines. Generally, a maximum of 20 words is optionalin Global Site Meta Description .
Navigate to: Site => Global Configuration => SEO. Then change Search Engine Friendly URLs: to Yes and Save the new settings .
Open the Joomla folder under your account using an FTP client (You can check our FTP tutorial for more information about FTP clients.) Rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess.
You have successfully activated the SEO option in your Joomla !
SEO Tools for Mambo
Mambo Global Configuration SEO Tool
Using Search Engine Friendly URLs in your Mambo system will let you gain higher positions in Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. In order to install Search Engine Optimization module in Mambo you have to:
Navigate to: Site => Global Configuration => SEO. Then change Search Engine Friendly URLs: to Yes and Save the new settings
Open the Mambo folder under your account using an FTP client (You can check our FTP tutorial for more information about FTP clients.) Rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess.
You have successfully activated the SEO option in your Mambo!