Here is Method how to increase or boost Netconnect Reliance Dongle speed.We have lots of 3g data cards available in India with unlimited usage at little higher price but reliance netconnect and BSNL 3g would be a fair choice in terms of speed and coverage.
Broadband plans with wire or wireless connections may have one drawback, lack of bandwidth cut down the available speed. It may due to operators decision to avoid overloading the servers.
Now, what we can do overwriting ISP settings, certainly not possible to overwrite anything but can optimize. The things we can change from the default to better ones is the TCP/IP settings and DNS servers.
STEPS to better internet speed:
Tweaking TCP/IP settings.
The windows XP or windows7 is installed with default Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU), and TCP receive window and TTL settings. This could be overwrite by some kind of software that enables you to select each option and put a certain value for each. But, this old but well known software can be used to select the appropriate settings for the selected bandwidth.
1. Download TCP/IP optimizer
2. There will be slider which allows you to select the desired bandwidth. It’s better to experiment with slider values from 1000kbps to 2500kbps than sticking with an assumed value for NetConnect broadband plus. All you have to do with this tool is to select bandwidth 1000kbps, select optimal settings at the bottom, apply changes then restart your computer. Check both internet browsing speed and downloading speed. If it is not fair enough, select better bandwidth on slider scale, (say, 1280kbps) and continue testing to find the optimal settings for your connection.
Use Google DNS servers to Speed up Data card speed:
A DNS server is basically a lookup server which searches for the entered web address and converses or points to its server space where the actual website is stored. This trick really doesn’t boost anything in between the web server and your computer but using a domain name server with big eyes. Now google DNS servers works really fast so we can specify these to use for Netconnect connection.
1. For XP, My Computer > My network places > Network connections.
2. Now select Reliance, right click on it and select properties.
3. On the networking tab, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose properties
4. Fill the following fields:
Preffered DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Click Ok then you have successfully configured DNS servers.