VLC player is an open source video player that supports most of the video codecs.Most of the people using VLC are unaware that it can also be used to convert files into various video (mp4, webm, ts and ogg ) and audio (mp3,ogg,mp4,aac,cd) formats. VLC player is available for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.If you haven’t downloaded it yet you can download it from here
Trick to Convert Videos Using VLC Player
- Open your VLC player
- Click on Media and select Convert / Save (Ctrl+R ) option.
- In new popup window under the Files tab click on Add button to select files that have to be converted.
- You can also add subtitles which will be hardcoded to the converted file.To add subtitles check the Use a subtitle option.
- Click on the browse button to give the path of the subtitles file and select the alignment and font size options.
- Now Click on Convert/Save button this will open another window.
- Select the Destination File and Profile( Conversion Format ).
- Click on the start button to begin conversion.