This article is intended for those who use the services of PEOPLEnet and therefore uses Huawei EC 226 data card.For those customers who have purchased PEOPLEnet this model one of the first modem designed the article, but rather instructions for reprogramming. Also unlocking solution for this data card just reply us.
Of course the best solution in this situation will appeal to specialist programming such equipment, but if you do not have to pay a couple of hours on this thing, or you just too lazy to go either, I recommend reading below .
1) To perform a software update for the ES226 in your computer must be running Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista and your account must have administrator rights.
2) If you have not installed the drivers for the modem, plug the modem and follow the instructions in the installer (the installation will happen automatically and the computer will install Mobile Partner).
3) After successful completion of step 2, disconnect the modem from the computer and remove the R-UIM card.
4) Connect the modem to the computer, wait until the modem is fully determined by the system (modem light starts flashing intermittently, 1 every 2 seconds).
If the firmware version your modem is different from CE31TCPUVer.B, then update your modem software is not necessary. Otherwise, your modem will be damaged and its repair will be done at your expense.
Hardware version of your modem, you can see in the program Mobile Partner> Tools> Diagnostics.
If the firmware version of your modem CE31TCPUVer.B, go to step 6.
6) Close the Mobile Partner, if it starts automatically after a reboot and shut down all other programs.
7) Extract the downloaded archive to a folder and run the Upgrade-EC226TCPU V100R001B100D14SP01C171.ehe
8) To continue the installation, you must accept the license agreement (choose «I accept the terms e license agreement»). Then press the Next button to continue.
9) A new window will show the current version of your modem (1st and 2nd row on the right side) and a new version (1st and 2nd row on the left) *. If the firmware version of your modem (the current version of the software) CE31TCPUVer.B (third row in the right pane) ** coincides with a similar line the left side (the new version of the software), go to paragraph 10
* If the current software version is not displayed, click Exit and then restart the modem (disconnect and reconnect the modem to the computer). Repeat the procedure from step 4
If the ** firmware version your modem is different from CE31TCPUVer.B, stop the installation by clicking Exit (because this update is intended only for the specified version of the hardware). Otherwise, your modem will be damaged and its repair will be done at your expense.
10) Click Download to start the update modem *.
Then click Finish